Lie flat on the floor with your lower back pressed to the ground. Put your hands beside your head. Bring knees up to about 45- degree angle and slowly go through a bicycle pedal motion. Touch your left elbow to your right knee, then your right elbow to your left knee. Keep even, relaxed breathing throughout.
- Lie on the floor and lace your fingers behind your head.
- Bring the knees in towards the chest and lift the shoulder blades off the floor without pulling on the neck.
- Straighten the left leg out while simultaneously turning the upper body to the right, taking the left elbow towards the right knee.
- Switch sides, bringing the right elbow towards the left knee.
- Continue alternating sides in a 'pedaling' motion for 1-3 sets of 12-16 reps.
Not only do these workouts help build strength and provide extra energy, they strengthen your core and protect your spine. This week, we will be providing you with more exercise information, so stay tuned and tone up!!