To end off the week, we thought we would share another great way for kids to be creative this summer. Below is creative and eco-friendly way to make your own birdfeeder!
What you will need:
- A clean empty bottle (2 Liters or more)
- Permanent markers or paint
- One or two skewers or unsharpened pencils
- String or wire
- Scissors or craft knife
- Bird food :)
- Cut holes around the bottle - make sure they are large enough for birds to come in and out. You can leave flaps of plastic towards the bottom for the birds to rest on.
- Decorate your bottle with the markers or paint - make it colorful so it looks great in your backyard :)
- Stick one or two skewers at the bottom as another place for the birds to rest.
- Punch a hole in the cap of the bottle and add a loop of wire or string so it can be hung from a tree.
- Add the bird food and enjoy the chirping birds eating in your own backyard :)
We hope you and your family enjoy this green bird feeder all summer long :)