- Buy yourself a pair of J-41™'s. Made of partially recycled rubber, these Eco-friendly shoes will have both your feet and the environment thanking you!
- Thermos/Mug/Water Bottle: I told you this was going to be easy. Having a trusty water bottle, thermos, or mug that you can carry around and fill up with water or coffee at various establishments will cut down on phenomenal amounts of waste over the years—especially if you drink as much water/coffee as I do.
- Tote bag: Put an end to the paper or plastic eco conundrum once and for all—get yourself a reusable tote bag and don't let either pile up in landfills.
- Clothesline: Our culture dictates that convenience and expedience come first?hence the clothes drier being a staple of the American home. But it shouldn't be. Why pay for and suck down electricity (or fork over a bunch of quarters at the Laundromat), when you can dry your clothes for free? Sure, it might take a bit longer, but using a clothesline is cheaper and greener.
- Smart Strip: These handy surge protectors will stave off the effects of vampire power—how plugged in appliances drain electricity even when turned off. Smart strips vary in affordability, with some models priced as low as $14.95—and the savings in electricity will more than make up for the cost. These are a must for any green home.
- Water Filter: Combine this with numero uno, and you'll never have to buy bottled water again. This is one of the most important items every environmentally conscious soul should own—it turns your tap into an endless fountain of fresh tasting water, and cuts the waste out of your water.
Monday, July 19, 2010
5 Must Needed Green Items
This summer we wanted to focus on being green... while saving some green($)! Luckily your cute J-41™ shoes your wearing are made from partially recycled rubber, and the packaging is 100% recycled... so your already on the right track! Its so easy to forget the little ways to stay green on a day to day basis, but think about how it effects your pocket. Something as simple as using a reusable water bottle every day vs buying a bottle of water on your way to work- your saving an average of $10 a week and 5 plastic bottles, just by using a reusable water bottle. You can even get a discount at Starbucks™ if you bring you own reusable mug! Get on board and start saving both mother earth and your green!