Camping is always fun and exciting. Make sure you follow these do's and don'ts for maximinzed fun and safety :)
- Do use a checklist - When you're getting packed up for your trip, you want to make sure you have everything you need and want.
- Do plan all meals and snacks ahead of time - You should never go hungry on a camping trip, after all, you'll need the energy for your long hikes =]
- Do bring bug spray - We all know what it's like to come home from a camping trip covered in itchy bites. Avoid it by using a good bug spray such as OFF or Repel.
- Do hike in groups - Hiking alone isn't a great idea. It's best to have at least one hiking buddy in case of emergency (and of course to keep you company:).
- Do wear appropriate attire - We all love dressing up, but camping is the one time you really have to dress appropriately. It's best to wear long pants to avoid ticks, and don't forget a hat for those sunny hikes.
- Do remember to have fun! There are many things to think about when camping, but the most important thing is to have a great time with your family or friends.
- Don't leave a campfire while it's still hot - It is very important to completely extinguish your campfire before leaving your campsite so that it doesn't spread.
- Don't leave trash behind - Here at Jambu™, we all know how important it is to keep our earth green. Throw away what you need to, and recylce what you can.
- Don't drink from lakes - The lakes sure are beautiful, and they can look crystal clear, but they also contain bacteria that our bodies don't know how to handle.
- Don't leave food out - The last thing you need while camping is unwanted animal visitors. Make sure everything is packed up so the bears don't come looking for some dinner.