We all know how men love their grilling. Father's Day is a great time to get the fire started, and have a family BBQ. We thought we'd share a recipe for homemade Barbecue Sauce. Have your man make it; he'll be proud to have made it himself instead of buying the stuff from the store :)
Yield: 5 Cups
Time: about 45 min
- 6 tablespoons packed dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons dark rum or whiskey
- 1 tablespoon liquid smoke
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 tablespoon pure chili powder
- 2 teaspoons fresh ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 4 cups ketchup
- course salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Combine all ingredients, except for the ketchup, in a large, deep sauce pan. Bring it to a simmer over medium heat.
2. Cook until completely dissolved, stirring constantly (about 5 min).
3. Add ketchup and bring to a boil. Lower heat and cook, uncovered, for about 30 min - stir every 5-10 min. The sauce should look dark and thick.
4. Use right away or store in jars and refrigerate. It will last for a few months.
Enjoy this delicious sauce on burgers, ribs, steak, or chicken. Please share any great grilling tips, trick or recipes - We'd love to hear what you do!